Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Movin' On Up

I'm moving.
Not far, just to a different county.
Actually, it's North Salt Lake. It only takes 10 minutes to get to work...I'm slightly in heaven. Kind of pathetic that I am so excited about that.
After a series of events and just having the need, I'm moving. I turned to KSL.com and looked. Monday I went to look at a property and totally dug it. I paid the money today and am moving tomorrow. It seems really fast, but I have to just not think about it :0)
As I locked up my new apartment tonight, it was a totally surreal experience. Am I really doing this? What am I thinking? And then to add to it, some punk made a comment on my facebook profile saying, "About time" to my status update of moving. Ew. I can see the hilarity behind it, yet, it still kind of hurt. Why not happiness? I'm facing a lot of feelings right now, and I don't really like that. But sometimes we get to walk step into the dark and see if the light will follow.
This will be a fun adventure. I'm living on my own. I just had a full background check done. I feel like an adult. I wish I was sharing it with someone else, but I have chosen to not have anyone do it with me. I'll grow. I can see a lot of good coming from this.
Looks like I get to buy my first real set of dishes! Turns out I always just use my roommates' stuff. Happy Birthday to me :0)

5 comments:

  1. I totally know the feeling! I felt like that when I moved to Salt Lake and lived on my own. I'm glad I did though, because I got to meet some awesome people like you. Good luck with moving and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to KSL! Love that site. But three cheers to my cousin whom I love ooodles! Contact me if you still want help moving-as strong and independent as you ARE!-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta-da! Way to go! That is a big step. If it would make you feel more at home I would be happy to send you a mismatched set of dishes :o)

    I hope you love it. And who ever made that snarky comment was being thoughtless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movin' on up, movin' on up, to the (North) side, movin' on up! To a deluxe apartment in the sky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie! I'm gonna miss you, but I realize its such an important move for you and I'm happy for you. I know what it feels like to need a change and the excitement of starting over. But I'm glad you'll still be close by. I'm always downtown for school so sometime we'll have to do lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete