Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Man I'm Supposed to Marry

First off, I'm not getting married (not ever, just right now, the pool is dry)
Secondly, Harry Potter & Ginny got together! I did a full on cheer - arms in the air and a little hooray! Yes, I am a nerd and have been waiting for this to happen for a long time.

Okay, back to the first.
Most marriage advice will say that you meet the person you marry doing the things you like to do. Sure, I like to do a lot of things, but nothing that I think would ever merit a marriage option. I did, however, realize that I love to attend the temple. It's something that I do once a week. It is built into my schedule and hardly gets bumped. It's nice to have consistency. So wouldn't it be great to meet someone at the temple?

Three experiences for you:

1. Me and a friend decided to join lds singles. So, we created a fake profile, of course, and one of the first "looks" came from a kid with a John Deere hat and the comment that he loved to go to the temple. Done. I had no desire to meet anyone via the temple again.

2. Last year, there was a really cute kid who had the same schedule in the temple as me. Wait, wouldn't it be great to meet someone this way? We even had the same institute class, but I was far too chicken to say anything to him ever. Chance missed. My focus was off. I had no desire to meet anyone via the temple again.

3. In the same session that I attend and the boy mentioned above, there is a man. Probably in his late 40s. He also works in my building. Yeah, you notice consistent faces. I'd see him at work and at the temple and he'd usually say hello. It started to get awkward, especially when he started calling me by name. How did he figure that out? I've probably emailed him unknowingly, but that's not enough information to identify who someone is. So this old man started to make me nervous, that he was the man that I was supposed to marry, mostly because of my "idea" that we meet our spouse doing something we like to do. Really, nervous. So I changed what day I go to the temple to avoid it. I have no desire to meet anyone via the temple.

Oh, the joys of life :0)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's kinda like mixing two different but both strong emotions. like marrying the person you are sitting next to on the roller coaster! Maybe you should become a carnie to find him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad you're not on my schedule now. I have to insert though...so many people say I am going to meet my husband working in the temple...which really just cracks me up because WHAT IS MY HUSBAND DOING in the women's initiatory, locker room, or name issue desk...the three places where I spend the majority of my time. Pretty sure any man I find in there I do NOT want to marry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the men you want to marry are probably playing poker with me while you are at the temple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ... you are so funny!!! I love the progression of 1 2 and 3... and I totally agree with you... I would switch days. Some insight from a married girl... you should really not be looking at all... because that is when it happens.

    ReplyDelete