Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Might be the Last One

This might be my last post about Harry Potter. I finished book 7 last night. Sure, I stayed up until 2:30, but it really was worth it. Those last 200 pages were really good. And I totally cried while reading it. As I said my prayers last night, I was filled with gratitude for the happiness that has consumed my life. Oh, and that I have goodness and truth and don't have to fight so explicitly for it. Excuse the tangent for a bit....

Recently I found on facebook a dear friend from the mission. It was incredible to catch up with her and find out all the good that she is doing, her husband is even a bishop. Wow. The verse from Alma in the Book of Mormon came to mind that says Alma was so happy to see his brethren, but more happy to see that they were still his brethren in the Lord. Alma 17:2. I always think of my brother when I read that verse too, in the few letters he wrote to me as a missionary, he always stated that he was being true to his covenants. Pretty great older brother I have. Sometimes there is a little wondering of "am I the only one who believes." I know I'm not, I work in a 28 floor building that proves that I'm not. And it was such a sweet affirmation that righteousness continues in so many lives, especially in the lives of my friends. If we were to rally the troops, we would win. We fight battles of good and evil all the time, constantly, and we will come off victorious. (General Conference is coming up!!)

Make any connections to Harry & Co. that you want. That's where I went. That was the conclusion that was impressed on me as I read last night. It's been a fun ride. I'm excited to have a small portion of my life back. I just have to watch all the movies now. Any one up for a marathon?

5 comments:

  1. Yah! I LOVED the ending as well. I do know a friend that wants to set up a week of watching the harry potter movies prior to the 7th one coming out. Just FYI.

    And you aren't the only one, I get SO excited about those things that are Good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a big screen waiting for you at the Browns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good I am glad you finally finished. I know exactly why your thoughts went the way they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of Harry Potter. That is one series I shall read many times over in my life! Hope you enjoy your new kitchen stuff! Though I don't like to cook much, I love shopping for kitchen gadgets! They have such handy things! And cheap plastic cups etc. are good- that is about all we use anymore!

    ReplyDelete