Monday, April 5, 2010

Fulfilling Weekend

One of my greatest blessings in life is that my birthday is always so close to General Conference. I didn't think it was great when I was younger - friends always had to go home early after a sleep-over, didn't get to play, etc. But there was always delicious candy.

Another blessing is that my mom loves candy. Treats were a standard accessory to a lot of my life, but especially at General Conference time.

As I've gotten older, I've loved General Conference more and more. It is so fulfilling. So much speaks to my soul and gives me the energy and determination to be better. What a great way to launch into another year, older and wiser. I'm grateful for the testimonies that witness of the living reality of the Savior. He lives! And combining all the wonderful men that have the express privilege of being His witnesses, we got to celebrate Easter this year. How wonderful it is! I was able to attend the Sunday Afternoon Session with my niece and a friend. During the intermediate hymn, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" I was in awe of these testimonies being shared. The last line "Oh Sweet, the Joy this sentence gives, I know that My Redeemer Lives" I saw Elder Holland singing so resolutely and with such passion---I lost it. It was such a powerful witness to me that these Apostles really are witnesses of Christ and I can trust them. President Monson left no doubt in my mind that he knows these things.

Besides being spiritually edified and fulfilled, I did a lot of fun things as well. A great birthday party happened on Friday night, talking to family and friends throughout that day and the next, and fondue and finishing Hunger Games. It's great to be 27 and a member of the only true and living church on the earth!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, girl! What a great weekend to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday cuz. My dad always did Gen Conf candy too, must be a Pieper thing :) I loved Conference too, for that and everything else. Very cool about Elder Holland. Thanks for your uplifting thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know what you think of the Hunger Games. Keep up your training- you can never do too much training! (As I learned last weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? That was a real nice post.
    Hope you had a most lovely birthday.
    I love candy too.
    And I miss seeing your face and hearing your comments at church.

    ReplyDelete