Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1

Last night I got a text from "you're pretty" - I had to correct the grammar.

"How is everything?" followed by "Wrong number I may have it mixed up with the other Julie."

WHAT? There's more than one Julie that he is freakily texting?

So I wrote back and let him know that he could just delete my number, since I don't live in Murray any more and we never do anything (I tried to soften the blow somehow, but whatever)

"I would like to do something," Please notice that he used a comma, instead of a period. When did I become such a grammar snob? I know I don't use it perfectly. Maybe I just like the drama I can create from such a silly little thing.

I didn't write anything back. Hopefully he does delete my number. That would be a brilliant gift.

Other than that, life has been super busy at work, and full of training for this half-marathon. I think I'm getting further away from where I need to be. I read "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" on Sunday. I read it back in the 6th grade and loved it, and decided I should read it again. Yes, the love is still there. Now I'm working my way through "Hunger Games" and trying to balance my reading life with finishing the Book of Mormon before Conference starts on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I need to read Hunger Games
    2. PLEASE tell me he is programmed into your phone as "you're pretty" (so you know not to answer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a super great birthday! Maybe you'll get the present you want from "your pretty," :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! good one Heather. And yes, Larissa, he is in the phone under that. And double yes, you do need to read Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete