Friday, November 13, 2009

Eyes

Today I'm grateful for my eyes.

They hurt like crazy and have huge sensitivity right now. I keep having to take breaks to give them a rest. It's probably because of the lack of sleep :0) I just hope the cold didn't move to my eyes. Yuck.

During all this "grief," I realized how grateful I am for my eyes. They do so much! My life can't be done without them. I'm always afraid of going blind...could be that I have horrible eye sight and that's actually possible. But that's a huge fear in my life. I don't want to miss seeing anything. I have seen some incredible things in my life, things that a camera will never do justice. And what an amazing experience that has been.

Colors are incredible, people are beautiful, and this world is majestic.

Yes, I am very grateful for my eyes.

"My favorite color is blue, like the ocean, and my eyes...would you like a swim?" ~Delicate

3 comments:

  1. That shout out just made my day! And my eyes hurt too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I am so happy you have a blog. If I started doing thankful posts on my blog, I would include your thankfulness inspiration on it. And what an awesome name for a blog. I wish I had a haystack right about now. I'm coming up north from Friday to the next Saturday, so we should get together. We could totally sit around and talk about all the things we are thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete