Friday, November 6, 2009

Little Pieces of Heaven


Right now I am suffering for a horrible cold. I tried to avoid it, and then encourage it, and now I'm ready to be done and have a normal breath back. Here are a few pieces of heaven that I'm enjoying while I'm sick.

~ Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with mint, compliments to my brother Rob, and cheers to me for not scarfing them on the flight home from Maine.
~ Pajama pants & t-shirts. I wish I could wear this combination all day, every day.
~ Emails from Kenya. Moms always have just the right thing to say to make you feel better.
~ Disney movies.
~ Letters. I just got one that had a picture of my nephew. Love it.
~ Seeing dear friends. I made it to work today, and had a conference in Provo. While waiting for it to start, I turned around and saw an old mission companion. She totally made my day. Then in the meeting I got bored, so I texted another friend and she came to visit during the conference. Icing.
~ Yoga. There is a pose called, "little piece of heaven." Doesn't really fit my definition of it, but I still enjoy yoga.
~ Benadryl. Which I will be taking shortly.
~ Yummy smells. Like cinnamon and home-made stew.
~ Eye masks & ear plugs. Thanks Jet Blue for providing this.

3 comments:

  1. sorry about your cold. super excited i found your blog. why on earth would one put mint in pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? i can't wrap my mind around this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD NEWS- You have a blog now! :) Not so good news- you totally have a cold! I am so sorry, I am just suffering myself from the annoying thing! But I am so glad you made a list of things that you are enjoying (those pumpkin cookies sound way too good)! I hope you get feeling better soon! BUT KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU- And then you will feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I dropped in on your blog today. You make suffering sound almost fun! Hope you get feeling better soon so that you can totally get back into the rat-race--no more R&R! Love you.

    ReplyDelete