Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Born to Run

The next book I read as a retired person was "Born to Run." This was given to me by my sister while I was in Idaho. It's a totally true story about this guy (the author) who helps to orchestrate this rockin' race in Mexico with some ultra-marathoners and a group of native runners called the Tarahumara. Throughout his narrative, he talks about ultra-marathons (roughly 100 mile long races), different runners and their stories and how it all culminates in this one race. Also, a lot of great information about shoes and why animals can actually be run down by humans.

It was definitely intriguing, and kept my attention, so it was a quick read.

Born to Run, Christopher McDougall

It made me want to try and train a lot better for my ragnar relay, but that lasted just a few days. And I don't think I ever want to run an ultra-marathon, or even a regular marathon. But it is amazing what our bodies can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment